Other faces, sounds, colors. Other voices. Other streets. Rai Robledo nice moves in the dark, in fact lodged in the back. It is the photographer of the other stars, the mirror underground.
Our purpose was to usher in the mind of the photographer to show you just sensed that in his images. This , we cite in the center of Malasaña, his neighborhood, his main stage and its characters. We could not choose a better place diving on the inside. A few minutes of conversation, we understand the complicity that is breathed in her portraits. Rai Robledo is an artist with a refined technique and a natural intuition that allows you to recover the essence of everything that catches your goal. His passion was born in childhood, when he took his parents' camera to photograph what moves the imagination of a child. Now, the old Olympus, witness of his early work, accompanies him on trips to photograph this city with the fresh color of the past.
They have been portraying the alternative scene in your town but how do you hit the jump to the professional world? How was the road?
I went very slowly and combining it with other work. I've always been somewhere between passion or hobby, and how to get economic benefit. But is it first, so I enjoy it so much, because I've never seen such a job. For me it is a joy, it would free.
're integrated in many social networks that helped you professionally?
Yes, very much. I think the best way to get noticed. Wear them over two years, I've uploaded over 2000 photos and thanks to this, I met many people and got some more work. The website is in the best mime but it's very static. Most visitors come to her through my blog and social networks, Flickr, MySpace and Facebook, are much more mobile.
work several specialties in photography, which one you feel better?
depends on the time. Fashion photography I love, but it is colder. The last thing I did was in Cibeles, where I was the official photographer David Dolphin. You have to run back and forth from the gateway to the backstage, stalking the guests. It is very stressful, I prefer the book work. Regarding music, I love going to concerts. Besides that I've worked with is very likely to have been just because I liked the groups. But working at festivals is crazy, jumping from one setting to another and when you finish you get the feeling of not seen anything. It's when you realize you are working.
Making a good photograph in these circumstances involves a greater difficulty, is not it?
Yes, if a picture turns out well in a concert I think you're ready to work anywhere, because the conditions are terrible. First, a trench that is not conditioned, full of dust, sand and where vessels are standing. In addition, your position is very low and, being so close to the stage, you have an angle muy malo, así que siempre juegas con el factor suerte. Ahora acabo de hacer una inversión en un teleobjetivo porque me gusta sacar al artista muy de cerca, para captar el gesto, la mirada, aquello que la gente no está viendo. Retratarles, ahí se ve lo que realmente me gusta.
El retrato es tu objeto de exploración en estos momentos. Se percibe mucha complicidad en tus imágenes, ¿cómo lo consigues?
Creo que el papel más importante del fotógrafo es hacer que la persona se sienta cómoda. He tenido the fate of which has always created a very nice atmosphere, a link. I can not tell what is the secret, just that I like to talk before the session, meet and relax the person. It is important to talk, make you feel good and you know you are going to leave some good photos.
change scenarios you like, leave the studio.
Having clear the location is going to each specific person is part of the job. I like to look different places for each session, beautiful or decadent, but with charm. For example, in the case of Marisa, a great model, she missed out photographs that she herself, without disguise. It came in the room Nasty Malasaña. In the pictures shown with leather miniskirts, his shirt torn and his hair combed. It's rock and supermacarra and the stage, pointed to its personality. Although I also believe that the study has more merit get pass something. Because you only have the look of the sitter, his mouth and his features on a white background.
Malasaña The neighborhood is a common background of your photographs, like its inhabitants. Is there still the alternative scene?
Yes, there are still plenty of movement and with great force. Is a neighborhood that is constantly reinventing self. I love photographing her characters. They have a very strong and powerful. They are funny, endearing. His portraits are a reflection of an era. Someone tells me that in the end I managed to photograph the whole scene malasañera and true. Little by little I have been creating an album of characters who, when you see them all together you think "will rock!".
While you were creating that file in the Madrid underground scene, you also fueled from the stage, what relation are you to these two facets, music and photography?
I've always collated but now is when the two are taking more power. Every time I make more in photography and in the new group where I play drums, Bodies, we are excited. Although different disciplines, they are very close because it is still something artistic and, in my case, when photographing groups are mixed I like or follow. One session I remember most fondly is the promotion of the album "Snake Park" of Humbert Humbert. Had a great time and ended up making me a friend of its members, Miguel B. Paco Nunez and Alcázar. Incidentally, now I play with Michael in the new group. They never cease to amaze me the turns life.
What is your usual team? What camera with you in urban catch?
Working with a Canon 350D, but in a couple of months I will jump to the 5D. Use of all targets, fixed lenses for a 85mm portrait is very bright, "an SUV that is always the camera-mounted 28 -
"The look is the key to who photography." They are your words, how is your look?
I think my style could be described as very personal, intimate. I like to think I get out the soul of the people or what I photograph, I can tell a story or convey a feeling. You get skin bristle.
And she succeeds, his head continues to cover new projects. Music, pictures, drawings, combinations unexplored. New mirrors underground.
http://www.rairobledo.com/
http://rairobledo.blogspot.com /
http://www.myspace.com/cuerpos
0 comments:
Post a Comment